Main Level of Town Hall at 12 School Street
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Jim Michaud- Asst Assessor
Mike Pietraskiewicz - Assmnt Tech
Amy McMullen - Admin. Aide
Greetings and welcome to the web page for the Assessing Department. This area contains information that may be of interest to taxpayers, property owners and individuals involved in real estate activity.While the data within this site is believed to be correct, NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN OR IMPLIED AS TO ITS ACCURACY. Do not make any decisions to buy or sell real estate based solely on the data presented on this web site. Verify all pertinent data prior to making any final decisions.
What does the Assessor's Office do? Watch this video for information.
- Appraise and assess all real estate
- Property Record Card data maintenance
- Provide for defense of assessed values before the Board of Tax and Land Appeals, Superior Court & Supreme Court
- Current Use Program administration
- Oversee all Tax Exemption & Tax Credit Programs
- Timber Tax and Gravel Tax program management
- Engage in public relations for the programs of the assessing office
- Employ standards of professional practice in assessing and maintaining those standards through continuing education programs and certifications by state and national associations
- Assist taxpayers and the general public with tax maps, assessing questions, zoning abutter lists and gives direction for general government requests