- In order to encourage appreciation for the environment, conserve land and other resources, and to maintain open space, there are provisions for placing vacant land in Current Use status where it is assessed at significantly lower values.
- Many requirements must be met and various restrictions do apply, including, in most cases, a 10 acre minimum requirement.
- If you desire to investigate further, you will want to look up RSA 79-A in the weblink below, and/or also stop in the Assessing Department to get assistance.
- Additional source of useful information concerning Current Use can be found at: http://www.state.nh.us/revenue
- Forms are available from the Assessing Department, and by clicking on the following link: http://www.revenue.nh.gov/current-use/index.htm
- IMPORTANT: The filing deadline is April 15th of each year.
- On-line law reference for RSA 79-A: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/NHTOC/NHTOC-V-79-A.htm