Outside Water Users

Auxiliary/Deduct Meters

If you do a lot of outside watering, it may be in your best interest to have an auxiliary/deduct meter installed. Your sewer bill is calculated by the amount of water you use. The auxiliary meter is installed after the main meter and records water use that is going outside. THE ONLY WAY to get the usage adjusted on your sewer bill, because of outside water use, is to have an auxiliary meter. Please purchase a 5/8” direct read meter in cubic feet not gallons. You will need a connector and backflow preventer. You own this meter. Hudson Water Sewer Utility are not responsible to repair or replace it.

After you obtain a meter:

  • Call or stop by the Sewer Utility office in the Hudson Town Hall, located at 12 School Street Hudson, NH. Hours of operations are 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
  • A licensed plumber must apply for a permit (see fees below) at the Community Development office in Town Hall and call to schedule the inspection. Phone (603) 886-6005.
  • Sewer Utility will be notified by the Building Inspector when the inspection has been completed.
  • We will send water meter reading cards for you to fill in with the meter reads on a monthly basis.
  • Pennichuck Water will not read this meter that is typically installed inside your home or business. 
  • When you have completed each quarterly card, mail or bring it in to Sewer Utility before the 10th of the month after the last reading (Jan, Apr., Jul or Oct. 10) and the appropriate adjustments will be made to your account.  Sewer Utility needs to receive the card before the corresponding billing to receive credit, otherwise you can file an abatement request to be reviewed by the Sewer Utility Committee and approved or denied by the Board of Selectmen. The card must received by us within 30 days of the corresponding bill to be considered for abatement. 


Summary of Costs to be Paid by the Customer

Purchase of the water meter
Installation of water meter by a licensed plumber
Inspection by the Town of Hudson ($75. Residential / $175. Commercial /$275. Industrial as of 1/15/2010)

If you have any questions, please call the Sewer Utility at (603) 886-6029.                                                                           


Pool fills can be covered by using the auxiliary meter mentioned above or by calling the Sewer Utility office prior to filling the pool with the following:

  • Name and address of residence
  • Size of your pool and how many gallons it holds
  • Date of fill and how much you are planning to fill (total fill/halfway, etc)
We will be using your pool permit information and/or send someone out to verify the size of the pool. We will keep this information on file so that future fills can be covered with just a phone call to the Sewer Utility.

Please remember that this credit will apply to sewer flow charges only. You will be billed for all of the water used to fill the pool by the Water Utility.

If you have any questions, please call the Sewer Utility at (603) 886-6029.