Water Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I transfer service to the new owner or tenant?
A: Please call the Water Utility Department at (603) 886-6002. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8am to 4:30pm. If you are transferring ownership of the property, please be sure to have the closing/title company contact information prior to calling.

Q: Are there any water restrictions in place?
A: Yes, the Town of Hudson has an odd/even outdoor water ban from May 1st to September 30th of each year. This ban will be in effect until noted otherwise. All residents with odd number houses may use outdoor water on odd numbered days. All residents with even numbered houses may use outdoor water on even numbered days. With your cooperation we are hoping to conserve this natural resource so that more stringent water bans can be avoided in the future.

Q: How often will I receive a water bill? When are they due?
A: Water Utility bills are printed every month (generally around the 10th) and are due around the 5th of each month.

Q: Does the Water Utility charge late fees?
A: The Water Utility does charge interest at 12 % per annum for any late payments. Payments are applied to interest first then the remainder of the payment will be applied against the principal charge. The interest noted on the bill is calculated through the due date of that bill, if you pay your bill in full (principal charges, past due charges and interest) prior to the bill due date, you may have a credit on your account which will be applied to your next bill.

Q: How much will it cost to fill my pool?
A: To figure out how much it will cost to fill your pool you will first need to know the number of gallons it will take to fill your pool.

The formula to determine how much it will cost to fill your pool is as follows:

There are 748 gallons in one hundred cubic feet (HCF) so

Take the # of gallons it will take to fill your pool and divide it by 748 gallons, this will give you the # of HCF that will be used.

Take the # of HCF that will be used and multiply it by $3.30 (cost per HCF) this gives you the cost to fill your pool.

Q: Can I write one check to pay for my sewer and water bills?
A: No. Payments must be separate at this time. The Sewer Utility and Water Utility are separate entities owned by the Town and are separate utilities, similar to gas and electric. The Town is currently exploring more payment options.

Q: My property does not have Town water. How can I get connected?
A: Your property has to be in the water district to connect to water (map located in the Engineering Department). Please call the Engineering office (603) 886-6008 for more information.